Friday, January 18, 2008

Dinner with a Hoosier, Looming Birthday

I need to go home and get some sleep because I have to work tomorrow, so this will be quick. I met up with a girl I went to both high school and college with, Erin. She was actually one of the Valedictorian's of Mitchell's 2001 graduating class. She's on her second year in Korea and we've been meaning to meet up for the past 6 months but it hasn't worked out yet. Tonight we met up and had a good talk over dinner at an Outback Steakhouse at the Seoul National University subway stop.

In two minutes, I turn 25 (American age) or 26 (Korean age.) The Koreans count birth from the time of conception, so everyone here is a year older than they would be in America (or any other country in the world, I imagine!) Sometimes things are a little different in the Hermit Kingdom!

2 comments:

Ayeshie said...

It took you a long time to meet up with her! If they count age from the time of conception that still doesn't make you 26, but 25 and 9 months! I haven't updated my regular blog in forever but I'm making a new one for Egypt, I'll send you the link!

Jonathan said...

Oh, get out of here with your math--I wanna be 26 already, and Korea says that I am. (maybe)