Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Anyang-si Picayune

It's been too long since I've posted anything, so I should give a few updates.

Sports Related Injury
The other night while I was out with some guys from the United Kingdom, all soccer buffs, we got around to kicking one of these:


It got pretty competitive and I kicked too low, hitting the metal bar that attaches the ball to the machine, and now my foot looks like this:


I've been walking like a zombie for a few days.


New Teacher Comes to Hakwon-ga

Our new teacher at the middle school, Jon Haase, is melting. Like they say, "If you can't stand the heat, then get the green pepper out of your mouth!"


A Wedding and a Firing
About a month ago, myself and several people from the hakwon went up to Seoul to attend the wedding of a middle-aged Korean coworker named Tim. I had to work, so I couldn't make it to the wedding in time, but I went to the reception afterwards and out with the new couple that evening. Brian, David, Lyn, Jane, and the bosses Sean and the wife of the hakwon all attended, too and brought gifts.


Sunny and Tim just after getting married!


Sunny, Brian, me, and I don't know the other ladie's name.

Anyways, after his wedding, Tim and his new wife flew to Thailand for a week or so of vacation. The very day he got back into Korea, our hakwon fired him due to student complaints! Most of us, including the boss, Sean, were quite shocked and outraged. Tim returned the gifts that had specifically come from superiors at the hakwon.


Study Bugs:

Taking a very important test is about the only time these kids will sit still enough for picture taking.


This guy is basically a genius, and a baseball fanatic.


That's a genius in the foreground and a crazyman in the background!

Delinquency Men:

After a rainy day, one of my students improvised this to warm/dry his feet!


The students like to set up booby-traps on the classroom doors. They usually involve only one board erasor dropping, but this one was very elaborate.

No comments: